Abstract submission date extended!
Contributions for oral and/or poster presentations are invited. Abstracts of a maximum of 1 page, including text and diagrams should be submitted online by 18 April 2017.
Upon submission of your abstracts you will be asked to indicate to which of the four main themes your abstract most closely aligns. If your abstract represents work that belongs under some theme other than the four main themes; please submit and indicate the theme as 'other' (abstracts that fall into the 'other' category will be given equal consideration to those that fall under one of the four main themes).
- Spectroscopy and optics of confined excitons and photonic structures [self-assembled quantum dots, colloidal quantum dots, photonic crystals, quantum wires]
- Quantum optics and coherent control of single spins, excitons, and phonons
- Polariton-exciton many body phenomena [quantum fluid dynamics, BEC, quantum optics, spin physics]
- Excitons in emerging materials [including two-dimensional materials]
Click here to submit an abstract
Guidelines for abstract file preparation
- Length: 1 A4 page including all figures, text and references
- File format: pdf
- Page layout: A4 paper (N.B. not US Letter), 25mm margins, no page numbers or running heading/footers
- Font: 11pt Times New Roman
- Title: include the full title in the submission file, do not use all caps
- Authors and affiliations: include full names of all co-authors and corresponding affiliations, with presenting author underlined
- Abstract text: single line spaced
- Abstract figures/references: include an informative caption for any figure, scheme, or illustration in your abstract.
Information for submitting your abstract
If you have previously submitted an abstract or registered to attend an IOP Conference, please log in. For new users you will need to create an account. If you have forgotten your password, you can request details from the login page. Please note your submission will not be completed until you reach the "submission confirmation" page. Please refer to the template here for guidance.
- Enter your abstract title
- Indicate whether the work is predominantly student work
- Enter co-author(s) details if applicable (fields marked with * are mandatory)
- File upload submission- Upload your file in the correct format (pdf)
- Select the presenting author
- Review your submission and select submit
The corresponding author will receive an email confirming the submission. If you do not receive an email, your abstract may not have been received and you are advised to contact the conferences team by email to email@example.com or by telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800.
Authors can amend their submission online up until the abstract submission deadline.
If you are unable to submit your abstract online, please contact the conferences team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800. Please ensure that you quote the name of the event when contacting us.